Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fear of Natural or Curly Hair






Its very uncommon to find women (of all races) who don't straighten the **** outta their hair. I believe the perception here (in Pan City) is that wearing your hair curly (or in an afro or anything that's not straight) is not attractive. Its unfortunate, but I believe the mentality is that European beauty is the standard, so if you don't have that look, you are not: educated, professional, attractive, well groomed, blah, blah, blah.


From time to time I see women with a hairstyle other than bone straight and it makes me think "Wow! A woman who has the courage to not follow the crowd." AND If I see a woman with an afro, I am super impressed.

To all the woman out there, ALL types of hairstyles look good. Don't buy into the foolishness! Break free from the brainwashing that society, your parents, of whomever has done to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment