Sunday, September 25, 2011

Today, I Was That Idiot Going in Reverse on the Freeway


I'm always making fun of people who drive in reverse on the freeway. My thinking is that its dangerous and stupid. Well guess what I did today?

On my way to Colon, I took the South freeway when I should've been on the North. Not a big deal under normal circumstances, but this freeway has a $2.50 toll which I refused to pay.

As I'm driving in the wrong direction, my buddy sees an opening in the freeway divider. But of course he tells me this when I've driven 200 yards past it.

Well I was left with 2 options, 1) keep going, waste time and get shook down for $2.50, OR 2) put it in reverse and go back. My plata (money) is tight these days, so the choice was obvious.

No one was coming, so I hit reverse and made my move and drove 200 yards in reverse on the freeway. I made it back and went through the opening with no problem. The only scare was the police car that was coming as I pulled onto the "correct" freeway. If it was a police car, luckily he didn't come after me.

Kids, don't try this at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment